Friday, February 25, 2011

I have wanted to share my thoughts and reviews on cloth nappies, but can't figure out how to present it. I was thinking of doing video reviews but I am not videogenic (is that a word??) at all. I will start with blog posts, containing my thoughts and photos. Then possibly do up a table with a summary.

Of course time will fly by and I will probably do 1 post then not keep up and you'll never see me again. But I will try anyway.

1 month into cloth and I still look forward to doing the load of washing so I can hang it on the washing line (if the weather permits) and see all the nappies getting dried and soaking up the UV rays. Yes I like looking at my washing line full of cloth nappies. And I love the sun's UV bleaching. It amazes me when I hang out a stained nappy and bring it in and it is white again. The first time I put a stained nappy out, for half an hour and it was as good as new. I fell in love with the sun that day. Then comes the most fun part... folding, sorting and putting together all the nappies.

I like trying out all of the different types and brands. It is my obsession.

When I first started researching cloth nappies, for baby-to-be, I went to the baby expos to see the different types. As well as doing STACKS of research online. My new favourite place is YouTube :)
I had decided that Itti Bittis would be my main nappy of choice. Mainly snap ins. I liked the idea of buying extra inserts and reusing the shell. I thought they were really cute, and trim. So I stocked up on Ittis.

I thought that AIOs and SIOs were the way to go. Who would want to bother with folding and covers  etc?

Well how things changed when time went on!
I saw some cute PUL covers that I liked... I just had to have a particular print. It was a Thirsties Duo Wrap in blackbirds (brown and blue trees). So when it was on sale, I bought one. I then researched prefolds, and I had won a voucher at an online store, and the prefolds that they stock are Bumboo, so I bought a newborn size. It was massive! I think it would swallow a newborn. After more research, I settled on Iishfly prefolds. So I got a 5 pack of size small. Once I had them washed and did some practice folding on my doll, they seemed very small and I figured baby would grow out of them quickly. The size large were only 8cm longer and I figured that this could be folded over until baby gets bigger. So I bought the rest in large.

Prefolds were basically what we used for the first couple of weeks. Now I am starting to try different nappies, I will leave those for review :)

Let me know if there are any in particular that you want to hear about and I will do those first.

Nappies I have, had or on the way :
Thirsties duo wrap
Thirsties sized cover
Thirsties duo
Thirsties duo fab fitted
Iishfly prefolds
Itti Bitti sio
Itti Bitti aio
Itti Bitti Tutto
Fuzzibunz -perfect size
Fuzzibunz one size
Blueberry
Monkey Doodlez pocket
Pop-in dream dri v2 + v3
Pop-in original
Imse Vimse aio
BBH covers
BBH bamboo fitted
Tots bots flexiwrap
Tots bots cover
Tots bots bamboozle
Rumparooz
Bumgenious v3
Bumgenious Elementals
Best Bottoms
Kissaluvs v2 fitted
Snap-EZ eco
Econobum
Tin Tush trim
Happy Heinys mini one size
GroVia shells
GroVia aio OSFM
GroVia aio NB
Green kids pocket

No comments:

Post a Comment